Our 4 Favorite Party Dips

Our 4 Favorite Party Dips

When Rocky and I spent last weekend together we had a small family party. We were going through some ideas for easy dips to serve there. Heres a roundup of our 4 favorite party dips!

The first dips that came to mind were ones that we have used for years.

Parmesan Artichoke Dip

  • 1 can of artichoke hearts, oil drained
  • 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup of cream cheese
  • 1 can diced green chilies with juice

Mix all ingredients together. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of parmesan on top.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden.

Note: This original recipe called for 1 cup of mayo instead of cream cheese. I did not have enough mayo but did just come home with a lifetime supply of cream cheese blocks from Costco. So that’s what I used. Use what you have on hand!

Serve with baguettes, crackers, or pita chips. Anything you like really!

I made this recipe this weekend and it was a hit, even with my 6 and 8 year olds.

Another of our recipes is one Rocky whipped together out of necessity before a party. It is simple and delicious and will appeal to all those with a sweet tooth!

Nutella Dip

  • 8 ounces of heavy whipped cream
  • 3/4 cup Nutella
  • 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
  • 1 8 ounces package of cream cheese, softened

Mix all ingredients in a stand mixer. Serve with vanilla wafers, strawberries and bananas.

Note: Rockys orignial recipe used cool whip, which was something I didn’t have on hand. I substituted heavy whipping cream, heavily whipped. 🙂 Feel free to use what you have as both work well in this recipe.

Rocky super easy Nutella dip

We both have two other favorite dips we use regularly:

Mexican Street Corn

by damn delicious

(recipe link here)

If you love street corn, you are going to love this one!

Also on our top 4 list is:


by the chunky chef

(recipe linked here)

This dip is fun, playful and perfectly sweet. It is great for kids parties too in individual cups.

So there you have our top 4 favorite dips to bring to parties.

We hope you love them too!


Relative Renovations Etsy Shop

Relative Renovations Etsy Shop

It has been about a month since I wrote my One Room Challenge Reveal. That was a hectic 6 weeks and I needed a brief hiatus from blogging. But I haven’t been idle! In the past month Rocky and I reopened my old Etsy shop. Relative Renovations Etsy Shop is alive!  Continue reading “Relative Renovations Etsy Shop”

2018 Fall ORC Reveal – Rocky’s Master Bedroom

2018 Fall ORC Reveal – Rocky’s Master Bedroom

Here we are my friends, at the finish line of another One Room Challenge. Last April I took on my Coastal inspired dining room and was thrilled with the result. If you have been following along in my saga for this round of the challenge you know that there have been some significant ups and downs. Pretty much every person in our house has come down with a cold or flu over the past six weeks which has seriously hindered productivity. If you are interested in catching up on my previous posts I’ll link them below:

  • Week 1
  • Week 2
  • Week 3
  • Week 4
  • Week 5 – Just kidding – this post never made it to light because of a sick two year old. Hopefully the reveal will make up for it 😛

Continue reading “2018 Fall ORC Reveal – Rocky’s Master Bedroom”

2018 Fall ORC Reveal- Ashley’s Master Bedroom

2018 Fall ORC Reveal- Ashley’s Master Bedroom

It’s here! It’s here! Week 6 and reveal week of the ORC! This has been an interesting journey. Because this was my first time doing the One Room Challenge, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect or what may happen if I actually had to finish a space in 6 weeks. 

I am very pleased with the results. 

Let me give you a brief rundown of where we started before we see where we are today. 

Continue reading “2018 Fall ORC Reveal- Ashley’s Master Bedroom”